Mr. Marco Larobina
Mr. Marco Larobina is a Cardiothoracic Surgeon appointed at Epworth Richmond and Royal Melbourne Hospitals.
Mr. Marco Larobina trained at the Alfred, Royal Melbourne and Royal Children’s Hospitals completing his FRACS in 2008.
He subsequently undertook fellowships at Papworth Hospital, Cambridge UK and Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA focusing on complex mitral valve repair, surgery for Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HOCM), advanced aortic surgery, surgery for Adult congenital heart disease and cardiothoracic transplantation and mechanical circulatory support.
Specialty and interests
- Mitral valve and complex valve surgery
- Total arterial revascularisation
- Aortic surgery
- Aortic valve replacement and repair, including the Ross operation
- Minimally invasive mitral valve surgery
- Adult congenital heart disease
- Surgery for carcinoid heart disease
- Novel technologies such as transapical and transaortic TAVI, sutureless and minimally invasive aortic valve surgery
- post mitral valve repair
- physiology surgery for carcinoid heart disease and right ventricular physiology
Suite 8.2, 89 Bridge Rd,
Richmond, Vic, 3121
p: 03 9421 0140